Although the daily SongStudio workshop activities take place at the Royal Conservatory of Music, we have investigated many options for overnight accommodations, and continue to recommend the residence accommodations at Ryerson University (a short walk, taxi or TTC ride from the workshop). Not only are these accommodations comfortable and reasonably-priced, but we are once again securing a block of rooms at a preferred price, with access to common lounges for late night jamming. Try to find that at the Howard Johnson’s!
Each year, Ryerson reserves a limited block of rooms for SongStudio reservations placed before a given cut-off date (May 20, 2019). Booking before this date (either by phone or online) with the booking code (SONG2019), will secure your accommodations and daily breakfast, at a discount from the regular rate. After the date for these reserved rooms, you might still find rooms available at Ryerson, at the regular rate. If you have troubles booking on-line, don’t hesitate to phone the Ryerson accommodations staff at the phone number below.
Reservations are to be made by individual participants directly with Ryerson Conference Services, either by:
- telephone – 416 979 5296, toll-free 866 592 8882
- online – www.ryerson.ca/summer-stay
- You must use our group booking code (SONG2019) to enjoy the group discount, and it may in fact be the only means of securing accommodations at Ryerson. Act fast, spaces are limited!
International Living Learning Centre (ILLC)
- single or double occupancy, private bathroom. All rooms have a double bed, and some rooms have a pull-out sofa as well. $92/night.
- includes daily hot breakfast (lower room rate may be available if you do not want breakfast – contact Ryerson for information)
- check-in 4:00pm, check-out 1:00pm
BOOK EARLY – Several SongStudio past participants were unable to stay at Ryerson due to the limited availability of rooms.
*** Our arrangement with Ryerson University is for July 20-28. If you wish to book for additional dates before or after this, contact the Ryerson staff at [email protected] ***